Mental Health First Aid training
- Identify the symptoms of mental health issues
- Offer initial help and guide a person towards the most appropriate support
- Stop issues arising before they become a crisis
- Minimise the impact of mental ill health on work and life
- Proactively manage wellbeing in the workplace
In September 2017 The Mayor of London recommended for Mental Health First Aid training to be adopted across the capital and the government has highlighted Mental Health First Aid training as a “game changer”
Mental ill health costs UK employers £34.9 billion each year, the equivalent of £1,300 for every employee in the UK workforce. This is not only a result of sickness absence, which accounts for £10.6 billion, but includes reduced productivity (£21.2 billion) and replacing staff who leave their jobs for mental health-related reasons (£3.1 billion).