Awesome Wellbeing Gift Ideas for Christmas
Posted by Justine Clarabut on 16 November, 2020
The build-up to Christmas this year may seem a little flat, and the whole Christmas shopping experience feel quite thwarted with the restrictions of living through a pandemic! For many people, this year has taken its toll on their mental health, and overall wellbeing. So we thought that giving a wellbeing gift for Christmas would not only help and encourage our loved ones to look after themselves but also, spread some festive cheer and start to think about Christmas shopping, or creating that perfect gift for your friends and loved ones.
And what’s more, ‘giving’ boosts our wellbeing too! Research suggests that acts of giving and being kind can help to improve our own mental wellbeing too! It creates positive feelings and a sense of reward and can boost our self-worth by giving us a sense of purpose.
Write your Christmas gift list today…
We’ve grouped our Wellbeing gift ideas into categories for those that want to move more, people who love the big outdoors, gifts to de-stress and get a better night’s sleep, and for people who love to cook! Most of the gifts can be brought online, others need just a little bit of creativity from you to give that very special gift.
For those who need a little help to get moving!
- ClassPass membership Gift someone the opportunity to try out thousands of different workouts, classes, and wellness treatments.
- Activity tracker – this can be anything from a standard pedometer to a smartwatch! Check out these reviews on different trackers
- Trainers Wellbeing Coach, Pip, recommends anything Gortex to keep your feet dry at this time of the year, they’re quite expensive but they’ll really last so it’s worth paying for quality! We love these trainers – take a look here
- On a budget: Egg timer This is a great gift for someone who is stuck at their desk all day. By moving every 45 minutes you can reduce the negative effects that sedentary behaviour has on your body (and mind!) An hourglass timer is great as it looks good with no noisy alarms – we love this one!
- Splash Out: Electric bike This is great for those new to cycling. You still get the benefits of pedaling, but it takes the effort out of big hills and enables you to travel much further. Check out the electric bike reviews to help you make the right choice!
Gifts for those that enjoy spending time outside!
- National Trust Membership – gift someone the opportunity to explore some wonderful and inspiring places the UK has to offer!
- Seal Skinz waterproof socks – give the gift of warm dry feet!
- Chilly’s Water Bottle Ensure your loved one is hydrated! These bottles look great, they are good for the environment and keeps your water cold all day!
- On a budget: Plan a day for a picnic that you could provide with family and friends. Here are some fun picnic ideas to browse through
- Splash Out: Walking boots and Nordic walking poles. Wellbeing Coach, Pip recommends Barefoot hiking shoes These are great for posture, alignment and they feel so light on your feet compared to normal hiking boots!
Help someone to slow down and de-stress with these wonderful gifts
- A massage treatment or reflexology treatment – gift an hour of relaxation! Most Beauty Salons or Treatment Clinics will offer vouchers to purchase online or on the phone.
- Epsom Bath Salts – just add to the bath or a foot soak to decrease stress, aid sleep, and soothe muscles!
- Headspace App subscription – This is an affordable App for everyday mindfulness and meditation to help with stress, anxiety, sleep, focus, fitness, and more.
- On a budget: Some ‘me’ time As a parent, Wellbeing Coach Sara, suggests that you could gift someone a day to do whatever they want. Just plan for friends to step in and take care of the kids, housework and commitments for the day. Make it extra special by creating a ‘Me-time gift voucher’ with a date on it.
- Splash out: The “best yoga mat ever” according to Wellbeing Coach Sara! Great to keep your body warm during your yoga workout, keeps you balanced and prevents slipping!
Gifts for someone who would like to sleep better!
- Weighted blankets can help to calm a restless body, reduce feelings of anxiety, and improve sleep quality.
- Deep sleep pillow spray A nightime spray that is made up of calming oils such as lavender, chamomile and vetivert, to help calm the mind and promote a restful night’s sleep.
- A new pillow! A good sleeping posture is key to sleeping soundly, and to wake up without pain and stiffness. Take a look at this website on how to pick the perfect pillow for your friend or loved one!
- On a budget: Chamomile Tea gift bag This is a lovely gift; chamomile is renowned for helping the mind and body to relax, de-stress and promote good sleep.
- Splash out: Sleep Tracking App Using a sleep tracker shows the different stages of each night’s sleep which can lead to making positive changes towards good quality and restorative sleep.
Gift ideas for someone who loves to cook
- Nutrient Cookbook! Give a cookbook that is not only full of delicious recipes but food that is good for you! There are many cookbooks to choose from but we found this one which we loved!
- Voucher for local farm shop Eating seasonal produce means that the fruit and veg that you are buying will be at their peak for both flavour and health benefits.
- Recipe box - Hello Fresh deliver recipes and ingredients straight to their door!
- On a budget: seeds to grow your own veg! Not only does this get someone outside and upgrade their meals with home grown veg but there is also a great sense of accomplishment when you get your first harvest!
- Splash Out: on a Juicer for delicious nutrient dense drinks. Great for boosting the immune system, energy levels and digestive system!